If you are interested in learning more about cyberbullying, here are some of
the articles or website that have helped me
learn more on the subject. First, we have “StopBulling.gov” which is an
official website of the United States that educates
you about what cyberbullying is, what are the sings, and how you can prevent and help those you
love. The second article that I wanted to recommend is the "Pew ResearchCenter" which discusses in depth the
percentage of children who have received
some kind of bullying growing up. The third web page that I want to recommend
is “The Bark Blog for Connected families”, which sole responsibility is
to help children across America who are affected by cyberbullying, sexual
predators, suicide and more. The reason
why I recommend this article, it is because they have helped me become more knowledgeable about cyberbullying,
what effects it has, who is more at risk and
how I can prevent it. Furthermore, it
has also help me understand what society is doing in order to help those who
are being victimize online.
G rowing up I was too a victim of bulling. However, when I was bullied, things were much different. Back then, I knew the people who were bulling me, todays it’s hard to know who the bullies are. Overnight, things change, our world has gone digital and ever since so has bulling. Today traditional or face to face bulling has taken a new name, cyberbullying. Cyberbullying as I mentioned in my previous posts is a form of constant harassment and torture over the internet and social media. The victims are constantly harassed, made fun of, excluded, fat shamed and so much more. Usually, the victims never know who the person behind the screen is because it has become easier to be anonymous. Due to the constant abuse over the internet, children develop eating disorder, depression and anxiety. But what is even more painful, is to witness or hear stories of children who have self-harm themselves or taken their own lives in order to end such a suffering. According to Me...
Comments
Post a Comment